Recruitment and Potential Employment Screening Process
Camp Wahanowin will provide notification to the public that in its recruitment process, accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. Camp Wahanowin is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If an applicant requires an accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process they are encouraged to let the camp know that this is the case and inform the camp to the type of accommodation they require so that the camp can work with them to meet their needs. Applicants are also reassured that all responses will be handled with strict confidence.
Notice to Successful Applicants
When making offers of employment to the successful applicants, Camp Wahanowin will notify the applicant of its policies of accommodating employees with disabilities. The information that accompanies the contract indicates the following: Camp Wahanowin has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability and/or a medical need please contact Tia Wintre, Director, at 416-482-2600 or email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment.
Informing Employees of Supports
Camp Wahanowin will inform its employees of its policies (and any updates to those policies) used to support those with disabilities, including policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account employee accessibility needs due to a disability. This information will be provided to new employees as soon as practicable after they commence employment.
Camp Wahanowin has a return to work process for its employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and who require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work. The return to work process outlines the steps Camp Wahanowin will take to facilitate the return to work and will include documented individual accommodation plans as part of the process in accordance with the requirements of the Regulation.
Documented individual accommodation plans
Camp Wahanowin shall develop and have in place a written process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities. The process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans shall include the following elements:
- The manner in which an employee requesting accommodation can participate in the development of the individual accommodation plan.
- The means by which the employee is assessed on an individual basis.
- The manner in which Camp Wahanowin can request an evaluation by an outside medical or other expert, at our expense, to assist us in determining if accommodation can be achieved and, if so, how accommodation can be achieved.
- The manner in which the employee can request the participation of a representative from the workplace, in the development of the accommodation plan.
- The steps taken to protect the privacy of the employee’s personal information.
- The frequency with which the individual accommodation plan will be reviewed and updated and the manner in which it will be done.
- If an individual accommodation plan is denied, the manner in which the reasons for the denial will be provided to the employee.
- The means of providing the individual accommodation plan in a format that takes into account the employee’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Individual accommodation plans shall,
- if requested, include any information regarding accessible formats and communications supports provided, as described previously in this policy;
- if required, include individualized workplace emergency response information, as described previously in this policy, and
- identify any other accommodation that is to be provided
Where an employee with a disability requests it, Camp Wahanowin will consult with the employee to provide accessible formats and communication supports for: information that is needed to perform the employee’s job and information that is generally available to all of our employees.
If needed, Camp Wahanowin will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees with disabilities.
Camp Wahanowin is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Tia (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.